Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cheesy As Cake


I'm doing a late post. And I wanted to test how well Posterous auto-posts to another platform dear son asked me to experiment with. I'm not experimenting with its interface but relying solely on Posterous doing its job and communicating with this other platform. Thanks Posterous. I'm excited to see how this will turn out. Auto-posting is one thing, but I will want to check how it lays out, as it is another thing. I will write about the Blogger thingie in another entry.

For now, let's enjoy a slice of cake. We had this cheesecake recently. And I wanted to share this photo. And then some...

This is a basic cheesecake with a basic recipe -

1 pack crushed grahams
1 bar unsalted butter
1 box 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 envelope unflavored clear gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 can condensed milk
1 pack 250ml thick cream
1 can blueberries

Crust. Mix crushed grahams and butter well. Pat into pan. Chill overnight or freeze for at least 4 hours. Here we used 2 round pans, about 6 inches across and 1 inch tall.

Filling. Mix boiling water with gelatin. You may also stir gelatin in boiling water over slow fire. Set aside. Beat cream cheese. Slowly add thick cream. Slowly add condensed milk. Add gelatin mixture. Beat everything together until frothy, creamy and smooth. Pour into pre-made crust. Chill until set. Top with blueberies generously. Chill.

You may opt to add a cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla in the filling. You may try toppings like crushed Oreos, strawberries, or none at all for that pure cheesecake delight.

Best served chilled. I was surprised we were able to fill 2 round pans. Total cost was around 650 pesos. At 6 slices per pan it boils down to about 55 pesos per slice. Not bad. We all enjoyed it actually. Down to the last tiny morsel.

Which reminds me - I'm doing an early post after all. Happy December 1st!

Potpourri by Pure

No comments:

Post a Comment